Senior Account Executive
At Flight Network we’ve been pioneers in the online travel industry for 12 years now, and we’re not done growing just yet. With our unique ability to offer the best pricing on flights and with our industry leading technology, we’ve become the largest Canadian owned online travel agency in Canada and are expanding globally as well! Today we’ve got employees in Canada, India, Australia, and the USA. Our website sees millions of unique visitors on an annual basis and that number is growing.
If you’re looking for a technical challenge, a motivated team, and the chance to work in a $1.3 trillion industry, search no further.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow, and maintain an account list of medium to large size advertisers.
- Successfully obtain branded marketing dollars from clients as well as managing and growing the account
- Engage and strategize with senior level executives at agencies, client companies and DMO’s (Destination Marketing Organizations) to demonstrate how we can meet their marketing objectives through cross-network online marketing solutions such as integrated sponsorships, programmatic digital media and email marketing campaigns
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships at all levels from CEO/CMO at direct clients to Brand Managers to Media Buyers at ad agencies
- Identify and understand trends within client markets and travel industry
- Hit quarterly target revenue quota
- Pitch new business to advertising agencies and direct clients
- Proactively provide smart client research and industry specific information
- Update and create sales proposals
- Navigate internally with various business units to create compelling media solutions for advertisers
- Occasionally attend trade shows to help source new leads (both domestic & international travel will be required)
- Account development of a portfolio of advertising partners
- Take on responsibility of the CRM software tool for lead management and outreach.
- Generate a set target of qualified leads at the top of the sales funnel to establish valuable long-term relationships across a range of potential partners, including but not limited to; Tourism Boards, Airlines, Advertising Agencies, Financial Services providers, Consumer packaged goods.
- Set digital strategies for prospects, considering their specific requirement.
- Monitor and report on campaign performance metrics.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3-5 years of overall online/digital media sales experience, preferred within the travel vertical but not required.
- BA/BS degree
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through the development of long-term strategic relationships
- Demonstrated track record of structuring and managing negotiations to successful closure and delivery at a 6-figure level
- Understand the general operations of the travel industry and typical DMO performance metrics/goals (hotel room nights booked, etc) – preferred but not required.
- Ability to work and contribute in a large cross-functional team environment
- Experience in online advertising sales, media buying, brand management, promotions and sponsorships, custom integrations is highly desired
- Strong understanding of marketing dynamics including demographic and psychographic targeting and brand positioning
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure, as well as be highly responsive to clients
AND BY THE WAY, HERE’S WHAT ELSE YOU’LL GET:
- Competitive Salary and benefits package
- Free breakfast, snacks, and drinks everyday. Weekly catered lunch.
- Downtown location with easy access to transit
- Pick your hardware (We’re both Mac and Windows friendly)