About the Company
At Flight Network, we’ve been pioneers in the online travel industry for 12 years now, and we continue to grow... With our unique ability to offer the best pricing on flights and with our industry leading technology, we’ve become the largest Canadian owned online travel agency in Canada and are expanding globally.! Today we have employees in Canada, India, Australia, and the USA. Our website sees millions of unique visitors on an annual basis and that number keeps getting bigger.
If you’re looking for a technical challenge, a motivated team, and the chance to work in a $1.3 trillion industry, search no further.
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect with a strong technical and travel background and excellent IT and systems engineering skills to make intuitive high-level decisions related to the design, support and implementation of all components of our end-to-end product platform. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural plans for software design and implementation to help guide the technical product direction of the entire business. The goal is to provide a scalable framework for the development of an end-to-end system that will result in high quality IT product solutions for the company.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software, applications and technical product support processes.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
- Develop high-level as well as detailed product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Successfully communicate all concepts and guidelines to development team product manager(s)
- Be able to assist development team leads to ensure consistency with initial design by development teams
- Ability to provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers as well as technical and product support specialists
- Ensure architectural design meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Proven experience as software architect
- Proven experience in managing and mentoring strategic teams
- In depth knowledge of the end to end search, avail and booking process across multiple GDS systems, more specifically, Amadeus, Travelport and Sabre (required at the API level, the cryptic agent level and the level of interaction between the airlines and the GDS systems)
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Java, Python etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in database design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Strong mathematical/Boolean background
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- Critical thinker with strong problem solving skills and methodologies
- Project management acumen would be desirable
Resume and references will be required